Delta Air Lines is the premier US-based provider of air travel services that continues to grow its presence around the world. Through strategic joint ventures, innovative revenue enhancements, and continued cost and capacity discipline, Delta now stands ahead of the pack of network carriers in terms of products and services, operational performance, frequent flyer programs and customer service. Delta Supply Chain Management (SCM) recognizes the importance of finding talented individuals who are motivated, strategic-thinking, and innovative to become its future leaders.
SCM at Delta Air Lines acts as the principal sourcing function and partners with a wide range of internal business units that include: airport operations, in-flight services, marketing, finance, cargo, corporate services, information technology, human resources, and technical operations. SCM develops the strategy and negotiations for contracting procurement from suppliers of all goods (ex. aircraft parts, food, computer equipment) and services (ex. aircraft maintenance, marketing, healthcare plans). This requires broad skill sets developed from work experience and elevated through an MBA program including finance, strategy, negotiations, continuous improvement, logistics, and operations.
Delta’s Summer Internship Program is structured as follows: candidates will be placed within a commodity group in Supply Chain and work in a project-based, analytical support role. Candidates will spend a significant portion of their internship identifying key business issues, performing comprehensive analysis and, at the conclusion of the summer, presenting their findings to peers and SCM leadership. Throughout the summer, candidates will also have a variety of formal and informal networking and socializing opportunities, both in and out of the work environment, to become familiar with Delta’s businesses and culture.
What You Need To Succeed (minimum Qualifications)
– Candidates must have completed the first year of an MBA Program with a concentration in Finance, Operations, Supply Chain or another analytical discipline by the Summer of 2023, have a planned MBA program graduation date by the Summer of 2024, and have at least 3 years of post-undergraduate, full-time work experience prior to enrolling in business school
– Ideal candidates have strong analytical, leadership, written and verbal communication skills
– Demonstrated project management skills and ability to work effectively in teams across all organizational levels.
– Adept at managing heavy workloads in a short timeframe which will include identifying critical business issues for analysis, structuring projects and implementing change.
– Ability to quickly engage and add value to the selected commodity team, demonstrating strong communication skills, openness, and self-confidence in achieving results.
– Demonstrated values of integrity, respect for people, diversity appreciation, innovation, adherence to ethical standards, challenging the status quo, and excellence in performance.
– Where permitted by applicable law, must have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccine by date of hire to be considered for a U.S. based job, if not currently employed by Delta Air Lines, Inc.
What Will Give You a Competitive Edge (preferred Qualifications)
– Proficient in research and analysis; sourcing concepts; process improvement; negotiations and contract management.
– Ability to digest large amounts of data and information and succinctly explain what can be learned from the data and how it can support decision making
– Desire to learn leadership techniques and best practices in problem solving and conflict resolution to enable innovation and progress on difficult to solve challenges of our customers