Apple’s Supplier Health team is responsible for solving strategic challenges that are critical to the success of the world’s most complex and dynamic global supply chain. On this team, you will leverage your financial expertise to address strategic situations such as (i) vendor selection and capacity investments to enable new product features and technologies, (ii) mitigation actions for vendors in severe financial distress or bankruptcy, and (iii) solutions for improving supply chain sustainability and carbon footprint. The team’s contributions make a direct impact on both enabling Apple’s product supply as well as minimizing our financial risk.
We are looking for a savvy professional with top-level finance talent to join our team as a Senior Project Lead – Strategic Finance & Operations. You will be directly responsible for end-to-end management of strategic supply chain projects, including engaging with cross-functional teams to assess strategic situations, performing due diligence with supplier executives, analyzing complex financial data, presenting recommendations to Apple executives, and executing on mitigation strategies.
This is a highly visible role that requires not just deep financial expertise but also significant cross-functional team leadership and executive exposure. You should, therefore, have outstanding interpersonal, team building, and communication skills to drive tangible results within the organization.
Finally, we seek someone who embodies what it means to be “Apple”. This person is fueled by a passion to do their life’s best work, thrives in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, and has the curiosity and drive to consistently deliver world-class results.
– 4+ years of client-facing finance experience required (e.g. Investment Banking, Consulting, Private Equity, Corporate Development, Restructuring, Big 4 Transaction Services);
– Thorough understanding of, and experience with, accounting, financial statement analysis, and financial projection modeling;
– Detailed knowledge of capital structure analysis, including causes of financial distress and potential restructuring solutions;
– Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to articulate complex financial data and concepts in a clear and effective manner;
– Highly motivated self-starter, with a proven ability to think strategically and drive change across a global organization;
– Strong project management skills, with a track record of successfully managing multiple, complex projects simultaneously; and,
– Bilingual Mandarin is a plus.
Specific responsibilities will include (but are not limited to):
– Performing corporate credit assessments to drive strategic sourcing decisions;
– Engaging with supplier C-suite executives to lead in-depth financial reviews that reveal both financial challenges and potential solutions;
– Developing and driving operational and financial risk mitigation strategies and solutions during situations of severe supplier financial distress;
– Negotiating, structuring, and executing supply chain finance and carbon-related transactions; and,
– Building detailed financial models of supplier profitability, cash flow, and capital structure under multiple business scenarios.