PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
The Conversion Rate Optimisation (CRO) team is responsible for managing the different digital commerce storefronts – maximising games and subscriptions sales and engagement, delivering a best-in-class customer experience. As we grow and scale, processes and planning are going to be key to our success. We are introducing a Planning function to help manage workflow, improve ways of working, ensuring we have documentation in place – this includes training and roadmaps, setting up scalable processes across the CRO team.
Reporting into the Senior Manager of Planning & Build, this is a pivotal role for our future success and will be in charge of delivering impactful projects/programs and serve as the change agent driving adoption of a structured approach to planning and resource management across CRO.
What you’ll be doing:
Lead the Planning team (1 team member reporting to you but looking to grow the team in the future). You will be responsible for:
– Working closely with the Business Change & Analytics (BC&A) team and other stakeholders to ensure projects are delivered smoothly.
– Ensuring projects have a clear vision, requirements and associated resources whilst acting as the gateway, providing premium support to:
– Digital Games Sales (DGS) and Services teams
– CRO Optimisation for content related submission requests
– Workflow management and resource allocation for Build tasks
– You will manage expectations through close alignment and frequent communication, and you will optimise multi-functional team efficiency
Identifying systems, tools, and general process improvements across all functions
– Ensuring processes are in place to maintain an updated and optimised store experience with no overlap in R&R across the teams
– Working with business leaders to ensure all processes are documented and communicated across the team to manage workflow across new vertical teams (channel, content & optimisation) across Digital Games Sales, Services and internally within CRO
What we’re looking for:
– 5+ years of proven success and relevant work experience in project/program management and operations, ideally in an environment focused on eCommerce/Services
– Experience collaborating with global teams to deliver projects
– Experienced people manager with a history of developing successful teams
– Ability to juggle contending priorities; Can handle ambiguity, and a readiness to address what is necessary to get things done
– Experience negotiating through challenging circumstances
– Proven experience successfully driving and advocating for a globally distributed team
– Strong influencing skills with a highly developed level of emotional intelligence
– Experience working cross-functionally with a wide range of different teams and personalities
– Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills; Strong public speaking and presentation skills
– You use data and take an analytic approach to problem-solving and an ability to think strategically about issues and solutions
– Understanding of Change Management, Process improvement and Documentation / Comms
– Knowledge of the gaming industry and PlayStation heritage
– Master’s degree or MBA in a related field
– Experience with multiple project management methodologies and frameworks such as Prince II or SaFE Agile disciplines and standard process improvement methodologies such as Six Sigma, Lean, and Kaizen methods
– Knowledge of Wrike